Friday, September 24

Simon says!

I survived my first cadaver experience! Thank you to everyone who shot out fermaldahyde fighting vibes this morning. The actual experience to view several bodies is amazing. The actual smell is not. The first two minutes I felt slightly lightheaded from the scent of the room but once I started reading aloud the dissection directions, I gained strength & was fine. The class had a pot luck lunch afterward & then we had an inspiring speaker in the afternoon. I am really starting to feel comfortable in my new place and am enjoying everyone in our class. It is such a neat opportunity to go through such an intense, peripheral, and rigourous experience with these people. As our first test approaches we are gathering and laughing and flailing our arms in space trying to conceive the difference between abduction and extension of the humerus. Our teaching assistant looks at us with pity and I beg to play a game of Simon Says. Simon says medially rotate your shoulder! Simon says to elevate your scapula! Quick: what is the innervation at the subscapulus! Oh the fun that we could have. Ben will be arriving shortly & people have suggested so many fun place to take him to that I must now sort them out. Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: