Monday, November 15

Saturday night's sprint down the street proved to us just how desperate our bodies are for weight-bearing, shoe-hit-the-pavement, let's move it movement. Taking a walk just doesn't cut it anymore. So we started our own little cross country team. We are students from 8-12:00, 1:30-3:30 but runners *voila! whip off the shirt to reveal a sports bra* at lunchtime. We snicker & smile at each other as we rush to the locker room to pull out the stretchy pants & tennis shoes. "Adidas had a sale," Valerie says, a slight explanation for her extensively layered, sleek striped outfit. Down on on the banks of the Mississippi it is a perfect runner's day. Megan & Valerie are in the lead and Lisa, Annette, & I huff and puff fifty yards behind. We are thrilled to get our twenty minutes in and stretch at the bottom of a staircase that is six stories high. We decide to give ourselves training- to kick in those extra little sprints and conditionings. Day one: run up the stairs as fast and controlled as possible. We conquer 80% of the stairs- the sound of Valerie's quick, light footsteps is music. There comes a point of complete quadricep insufficiency for me around the fifth floor. Megan and I fall out at the same time. We return to class a little ruddy but a little more hopefully and energetic. Tonight my legs are burning- appropriately, I must add, since I am cuddling up with my studies about the anterior and posterial leg. Hurrah!

No comments: