Monday, December 13
winter crinkling
Megan loves the sound of my winter jacket. *Crinkle *Crinkle *Crinkle. My pink gloves flop at the side of my body & the hat I am wearing makes me feel short. (As though the volume of my hair adds any height to my frame) I tell her I think I sound like a large diaper but she only laughs and disagrees. "No, it's something good. It's winter." I have a winter coat theory: the crinkle noise increases as the temperature drops. Negative zero with wind chill, the anchorman announced this morning just before I headed out. The wind ripped through here 65 mph yesterday, rattling my un-stormed windows, and it brought in a cold front. Now I talk through my scarf and over my crinkling coat as we head to lab while Megan enjoys the sound as though it is an equivolent to a warm popping noise that you hear only when sitting next to a campfire.
No comments:
Post a Comment