I have been so content being home. I have missed Ben, friends, and family so much. I cannot believe a month has passed since I scattered out of Minneapolis with no direction but south. I want to put everyone in my pocket and return north with them in tow. This wish will never be granted but I have some fabulous other trinkets that I will carry back with me. Ben purchased a typewriter for me that dates back to 1920. I am hoping to punch out a copy of a brewing short story in time for Dislocate's deadline. Megan has inspired me with a children's magazine, All Round, that is so beautiful, creative, and JUST what I need for these winter months as both inspiration and reading material. Other inspirations are an anthology of poetry by Adrienne Rich (courtesy of Elizabeth), a painting collection that I pirated from Melissa featuring birds sitting on telephone wires, and The Be Good Tanyas crackling on my stereo. (Song clips here)
"Weather abroad
And weather in the heart alike come on
Regardless of prediction."
-Adrinne Rich
No comments:
Post a Comment