Thursday, February 3

Time to fly

"Everything happens for a reason, you know," she told me as we stepped into the elevator. "I thought I had my life planned. I wanted to be a mom but not until thirty. However, I needed to get a head start because I anticipated having a few miscarriages before being successful. My mom had four miscarriages before she had me. Yet at age twenty seven I found myself pregnant and thinking 'I'm too young for this- this wasn't the plan!'. I had two children by the time I was actually thirty. And I had no husband- he had died in a car accident. Things happen for a reason. My kids remind me of that everyday- I would have never had them had I waited til thirty. Oh my! Look at the time, Jenny. Do you know what time it is?"
"Time to fly?" I asked, preparing my hamstrings for motion. She was already through the open elevator doors and ten paces ahead.

I am beginning to resent Minnesota ice. This evening I was trapped in a street parking situation where I backed my wheels onto ice and I thus could not move my car out of the parking spot. Eventually my bumper was resting against the car parked behind me. Lisa and Ben to the rescue: I was able to place a path of sand in front of my tires to gain better traction. Lisa and I stacked lots of weight on the back wheel and I pushed as Lisa slowly accelerated my truck out of the spot. Grrrr to ice...
* No Ford Explorers were hurt, bruised, dented, or nicked in the process. Amen.

No comments: