Saturday, March 26

because i love your love letters. . .

"i was alone with this cochinenije i'm no longer sure of and needing your confidence in kundera rather than san diego who is supposed to understand when i say that bruce isn't for lovers the drive to fort sheridan is so long and i've been wasted angry and sad/waiting for you to come back/ since you left/ since you left but don't apply the rest it's not for you. . ."
-elizabeth van buren, thank you.

I have been struck with a raw restlessness and spring fever. I jump rope across campus to lunch where I inhale a gyro, fries, and the color & myths of muskie fishing. I am exhausted by 2. You wear yourself out like a puppy, she tells me and I am panting and breathing heavily and so sad and ready to collapse as internal structures liquify. Someone blows their nose and I try to ressurect some sort of energy through use of eye drops.

No comments: