I am sitting in the second to last row of the aircraft so I have a good view of the entire plane as we bounce from pocket of air to pocket of air. Heads bobble back and forth and up and down. Our drinks have spilled in our laps from the lumpy turbulance and the men behind me holler as we descend downward toward the Chicago lights. They are certain that the pilot is bound to land the plane on its left wing. There is something comforting for me, however, when I watch the stewards and stewardess' giggle and exchange mock exasperated faces to one another. They are having fun up here, stumbling with their carts with every bump and unsteadily moving to and from their station. For one moment I want to be employed by the friendly skies.
"What you have experienced, no power on earth can take from you" Victor Frankl
No comments:
Post a Comment