And if you asked him why he stuck around, especially when the personality and behaviors and mind were no longer her own but rather a stage of a forever progressing disease, he would always respond "because she is my wife."
I am still toiling and I promise to call soon. . . my research proposal (Family systems and Alzheimer's Disease relations) and literature review should be done by Wednesday. Once this is complete I will gain some essential free time. I am sitting at my favorite chai tea place- a led zepplin album has already been played twice, as well as two rounds of a strokes album. We are now on tom petty and I briefly pretend I am driving toward upstate NY. My research articles have crossed the midline of a shared table as well as crossed the midline of my life in general. But I kinda love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment