Saturday, April 23
Maime lingered in the doorway as I stood on her front step. I finally asked if I could come in- I was slightly shaking and feeling quite defeated but determined to continue with the sewing evening as planned. I held up a bag of stuffing and velcro and she smiled. She opened the door and the smell of Lilian cooking delicious chicken, potatoes, green beans, and parsley muffins filled my senses. Lilian jumped out into the stairway in true joyful-suprise fashion. A delicious dinner (and cake!) to support me through a very rough week. I felt safe and encouraged for the first time in several days. A few other friends joined us as the night went on- we played with the little gifts Lilian and Maime had purchased at Target and became rowdy when discussing our neuroanatomy professor. (To whom is much like how I would imagine my existentialist philosphy professor and Dr. Seuss.) I returned home to a phone call that I am so thankful for- Thank you to everyone who have been so incredibly supportive and helpful. And yes, this even includes you.
No comments:
Post a Comment