Friday, June 10

It is a beautiful morning and the possibilities of summer are almost dripping like hot wax. Megan and I are driving in Sharon's convertable (top up, however) on Broadway- she is on her way to work & I am heading back to Evanston. I am enjoying the beauty of being back in Chicago with one of my best friends. We are at a stoplight and the light turns from yellow to red. HO-O-ONK! The driver of a slick black Porsch SUV behind us waves his hands in frustration.

"What does he want me to do? Go through a red?" Megan asks, glaring in her rearview mirror. We are ascending on green and yes, the Porsch has to make a big deal about passing us & making a comment. Another little white Honda veers and honks two minutes later. Megan throws her hands up in exasperation.
"My God, your car looks like a friggin rollerskate and your honking at me!" Megan is now playing the commuter game too. It's too early at eight a.m. for everyone to be so angry. It's to beautiful a day.

"I'm sure that insult rattled the driver to the bone. Good one, Megan. Rollerskate." We laugh and we are back on track. Summer is here. Possibilities are here.

No comments: