
Chloe
I had the mouthwatering jobs of preparing a large vat of hummos onto a dish, arranging Persian kabobs on platters, and serving delicious carbonated juices. (Rasberry, Lime, orange, French berry lemonade...) I discovered how much fun it is serving drinks. I memorized the faces that bellied up to my juice bar and developed short lived but memorable relations with my "clients". I even briefly considered bar tending as a job-hobby and a man offered a recommendation. I questioned whether the few Amish people I served were "cheating". Is it okay for the Amish to drink carbonation? But then I reminded myself that the Amish did not probably arrive downtown on horseback so some cheating was probably in order. It was the cleanup that was not so fun afterward. However, in the shared experience of dishwashing with highschool seniors who spray paint their own Clash leather jackets, I found inspiration in the upcoming generation.
No comments:
Post a Comment