Thursday, August 4

The mean spot

Having grown up with German Shepards, I have never actually been scared of a dog before. I have worked in animal hospitals with dogs ranging from 2 pounds to 140 pounds. It was always the sixty pound Gold Retrievers that were annoyingly untrained and thus difficult to walk... errr... run. Since I was in elementary school I have always been the neighborhood pet sitter. I love schnutes & their schnozes but I met my match this weekend. To be honest, he comes in a very silly form but he scares me and we might have a future together. Yikes. I have a bunch of tricks in the bag that I am plotting to make our cohabitation accident-free but I must admit I am still a little nervous.

"Maybe he has a tumor," Melissa suggests.
"A tumor?" I ask.
"Yeah, a tumor that is pushing on his mean spot."
"I think that would be in the frontal lobe."
"Exactly! The mean spot."

No comments: