Wednesday, September 21

Experiencing Minnesota

I think about where I was a year ago & can now look at the wonderful little community I have established here in St Paul-Minneapolis. Megan & I noted the first colors of fall this morning and we vowed to go to a park, sit under a tree, and plead him not to leave us behind. There are so many places I want to take off to- Duluth, the boundary waters, Stillwater, Taylor's falls, Lisa's home down in southern Minnesota where the Amish & contemporary live together in one town, etc. I don't want to leave Minnesota without experiencing Minnesota. A book, a short story, a poem just might plant itself & grow within me about this temporary home and I will need to dip into the reserve of the northern midwest. I guess it starts with happy hour after class- endless amounts of tacos & drinks- and finishes somewhere along the Canadian-American border where broken pieces of land are connected with one river in a million lines.

No comments: