Monday, October 3

Ugh... I'm having one of those days where I am pretending every love song on the radio is for me! me! me! I feel self indulgent and self centered like Jackie from That Seventies Show. Nix the tam- beret. It all started when I got in my truck and pretended that the Weezer lyrics to "Jamie" were really to "Jenny". It was all downhill (literally) from there. Perhaps it was the hour splinting session Wayne and I endured- though amazing- exhausting with the end result being a feeling that I will never splint perfectly. Ever. In my whole entire life. None of us will. Wayne and I stare down the shaft of a plastic mold of our arch and we suddenly see dips, curves, and pressure points that honestly weren't there last Thursday. Damn.

I need my other life, to sit down and write creatively, to visit Lisa in New York City, a trip home as the trees shift from cool to warm colors, a conversation about The Idiot to clear my head. I need to hear Michelle from downstairs, sitting Indian style on Wendy's little cube of a chair, call someone bourgeois without actually sounding pretentious. Annette will be here soon so I am happy with my white hot chocolate reminding me of Megan in the autumn of 2001.

No comments: