Wednesday, November 16
I don't think I have ever been so greatful for a blustery day of 1 degree temperature wind chill. It just fits where I am right now. All the subtleties of Minnesota are muted by a thin layer of snow dusting. My vision can relax on a blank, soft world and allow my mind to wander in it's own spectrum of colors. I listened to the wind shake the glass panes of my windows this morning before getting out of bed. My little furball was curled next to my head, sharing my pillow & snoring. He often gets clobbered in the head when I blindly reach for the alarm that sits right behind him. I am temporarily excited for the coats, mittens, and scarves. I find my truck with ice plastered on the windsheild. And as if the mind-police really exist, a man pulls up in a white truck and sprays a bottle of freeze-be-gone on my windsheild for me. Voila- I am off to enjoy a Minnesota winter day with my other little scarved, mittened, red nosed friends that I find playing in parking lots and at bus stops.
No comments:
Post a Comment