"The world was a globe that sat on a table / in a fire-lit study. The table covered / with a rich, tooled leather; while / the man who spun the globe- matching countries / with the map spread out below / on the desk from which he reached / an arm to turn the little effigy of world- / was shifting borders in his head, so that / the spinning orb began to glow with his desire, his designs."
excerpt from the gyre by Eleanor Wilner.
My favorite holiday is approaching- the red glitter shudders in anticipation. This week will be hell between settling other people's feuds, +25 hours of work, thesis methods write up, & readings that I can barely endure. But alas, Wednesday night shines like a star: valentine creation with Megan. How I love Valentines day and it's unassuming, free form ways.
excerpt from the gyre by Eleanor Wilner.
My favorite holiday is approaching- the red glitter shudders in anticipation. This week will be hell between settling other people's feuds, +25 hours of work, thesis methods write up, & readings that I can barely endure. But alas, Wednesday night shines like a star: valentine creation with Megan. How I love Valentines day and it's unassuming, free form ways.
No comments:
Post a Comment