Monday, July 24

Ben and I took to the wedding registry this weekend: a grueling four hours was spent laser beaming items from Target and Linens n Things. I imagined registering as being a fun, kid in a candy store, and almost overly greedy affair. One hour in the small kitchen utensil isle is enough to blow that cover. "Do you think the silver salt shaker would look best on a red table cloth or the clear glass one better on a green table runner?" (Imagine this conversation times two hundred.) We mulled over every little thing and briefly lost touch with the true meaning of life. Upon return to my apartment, we collapsed on the bed as though we had just participated in the Iron Man. Crate and Barrel had yet to be approached. "Let's do it online," I said daringly with all the spirit I could muster. And so, with Consumer Reports Home & Garden issue at hand and my computer on Ben's stomach, we selected our pots, pans, knives, dish towels, and iron from the safety (and comfort) of my own bed.

No comments: