Tuesday, October 3

Dearest Monsters & Muppets alike,

I would like to thankfully say: Ben and I are married!

The wedding-- inspired by the Royal Tennenbaums, Narnia, & that episode of Northern Exposure-- was BEAUTY-ful. Simply put: a perfect fit for Ben and I. We could not have asked for a more gorgeous evening with temps at a perfect 70 degrees, natural sunlight peaking out of the sky, a stunning bridal party with several galloping flower children romping before my entrance, & wonderful participation from all guests who were able to attend the event. Our volunteer design team (a few close friends of Ben's mom) created a relaxed and magical forest atmosphere with hanging lanterns, christmas lights, and draped tulle tied with eucalyptus branches. Ben and I were married outdoors and our guest were an arm's length away. We were fortunate that our professional photographers (close friends) were creative & fun in their picture snapping. Pictures will be posted as soon as possible!

The reception was a party that I could not get enough of. It was such a breathtaking pleasure to move from room to room stocked with people who Ben and I love & care about dearly. It was literally a house full of loved ones and I wanted to be cozy there for hours. We had a delicious meal that Ben's mom and her catering partner prepared for the event. Although I was eagerly anticipating the brushetta throughout all summer months, I didn't get a piece. We were too busy socializing. My favorite treat of the evening was warm apple cider served with a variety of pies made and imported from an Amish village. I danced around to all the tables of guests to the rythym of Bjork, Amelie soundtrack, Muddy Waters, & Johnny Cash.

The best part of the whole event (next to Ben and I being pronounced married!) was that the day was relaxing and enjoyable. There were no furious movements, flurries of faces that I did not get a chance to talk to, and no jitters. It was full of galloping children & mingling friends & family. Thank you all so much for the support and enthusiasm you have provided Ben and I this summer. We look forward to visiting soon!

As always,

Jenny

No comments: