The holidays feel so festive when I find or create the perfect gift for people. I am thrilled to say that my desk is full of colorful & dotted scraps of paper that have morphed into small gifts. I am helium balloon excited to give them out. I toiled a bit on Etsy last night in attempt to find creative gifts & purchased some pottery to which I cannot wait to meet in person.
This morning Helen, her smiling but teething daughter, & I hit Old Orchard for some casual present fetching just before a small winter storm hit northern Chicago. With the evening settling in and the wind picking up, the city is supposedly preparing for an ice storm. I am skeptical it will be as life altering as the news says it will be but Ben and I cannot resist a quiet, cozy evening. I turned on all our Christmas lights around the house and am going to pretend we live outside of civilization, listen to my favorite NPR shows, and finish a book I recently started.
The New Pornographers: Bleeding Heart Show
No comments:
Post a Comment