Monday, February 23

Turning Twenty Eight

Almost twenty-eight! Almost! It's gonna happen! Yeah yeah!








I am sitting with four lovelies in the glow of a hot pink neon sign with a strawberry crepe drizzled in dark chocolate & glass of sparkling white wine. It is Saturday night in the heart of Chicago and a few friends and I are sitting at my favorite French creperie. Yummy! I am in love with everything and everyone in this very moment. We giggle and watch people (huddled from the chill) pass by the window, marveling at fresh snow and the journey we've made together over the past year.

I could not be any luckier this year than to have spent several swanky nights, refreshing mornings, and cozy afternoons with loved ones celebrating twenty-eight-ness. (Okay, Saturday afternoon was NOT refreshing as we had no running water nor heat but it was still cozy with Ben, John, and I working on the house. But that's okay because our house is transforming right before our very eyes and that is super exciting.) I did not go crazy and celebrate the whole month like last year but I did get a chance to bounce around (and still bouncing!) for my birthday this year. I took Friday and Monday off from work to refresh life with a four day weekend and mix up my routine by tossing in morning yoga classes with my neighbor after a few hours of fiction writing, a $6 Chinese buffet lunch with Michelle & Gloria, guacamole garbling with Kelly, Pat, Ben, & team Friday night downtown Evanston, and Sunday brunch (the bestest french toast!) with Ben and my madre. Angela joined me in the city late Saturday afternoon so that I could treat myself to buying/ trying on fun eye make up. "I want my eyes to sparkle!" I told the ever so helpful makeup artist. Bless her soul as I asked a million and five questions and then made her write down directions so I could apply fun make up at home. I briefly pretended I was on What Not to Wear while outside it snowed and the city lights flickered on for the evening-sters. Loverly.

And as always, my favorite birthday song (to be played tomorrow over and over!) : Birthday by The Sugarcubes. :o) Thank you for celebrating with me this year. I love you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Self indulgence is never over-rated!