Tuesday, January 5

The Good Kind of Stroke

Last week a woman told me she had the "good" kind of stroke. She explained that earlier that year her sister had the "bad" kind that resulted in death. I listened to this woman whose entire left side of her body was paralyzed. She told me about how God had given her a huge gift though after her stroke and she wanted to show me. She wiggled the fingers on her right hand while stomping her right foot and smiled. "I've got this entire right side of my body still working. See how lucky I am?"

I'm not sure how I didn't leave the room with tears streaming down my face because now, when I reflect on that conversation, I start crying.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a good story....and a good person.

Anonymous said...

http://cleanwin.ru/posting.php?mode=reply&f=4&t=55688
http://forum.tyloon.com/index.php/topic,8971.0.html
http://communityskillexchange.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=132188&p=207233

Emily H said...

That's just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

vuqlkj serdia dazzled moderate remer container resort statisticsa torontos horowitz checked
lolikneri havaqatsu

Anonymous said...

Not bad article, but I really miss that you didn't express your opinion, but ok you just have different approach