Tuesday, April 20

Spring Tulips 2010



Tulips! I need to plant a lot more purple tulips. And daffodils!- the pale yellow daffodils that announce spring with their trumpet-like spouts. And hydrangeas underneath the windows & behind the chairs- busting out blooms for later this summer. And the siding... to have natural wood siding paired with the brick. Sigh. The beauty of this spring is that I know what to plant & change so that next spring will be another gift from myself. I love that purple redbud tree, though. Love it!

Ben and I have kicked off this gorgeous early start to spring with five campfires & feasts that include Ben grilling blackened chicken with mango salsa, fried codfish with homemade chips, and granny smith apples wrapped with chicken breast. It has been a delicious week with campfires to keep us warm. Meanwhile, I am doing a bit of soul searching for decisions I need to make on the upcoming year. Spending hours and hours in the garden while listening to Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros has been helpful for my day dreaming & thoughts. Happy happy spring!!

No comments: