Friday, June 4

Don't should on yourself

Today I was inspired by a girl who is signed up to take a glass blowing class in Massachusetts. She is young and testing the mediums of all art: writing, painting, silk screening, glass blowing. Meanwhile, "Green Beret-like" Ben is falling out of airplanes left and right these days. Okay, maybe just once but he is signed up for another jump later this summer. The "shoulds" start pouring over me. I "should" want to be ballsy and jump from a plane. I "should" stop looking at risky activities as only risky. I "should" stop writing my potential medical chart every time I climb onto the back of Ben's motorcycle. (29-year-old female was hit by a semi while riding on the back of her husband's motorcycle....) I "should" relax and just jump already. But really, I would rather take a glass blowing class. Or enroll in a writing class. For my birthday Ben gave me the gift of a letter press or silk screening class that I need to collect on sometime this summer. I will be inspired by making some art with my hands. I will save the jumping for Ben.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

still wish you were jumping out of a perfectly good plane with us!