Monday, July 26

Organizing June

My week of summer has arrived and thus far, it has been beautiful! The past three years I have taken either the last week of July or first week of August off and claimed it "summer!" It is a very meager summer as compared to that of students and teachers but it is still my summer and I revel in it. Reading at the lake, kayaking, biking to the botanic gardens, and such will all come later in the week when I finally unwind. It usually takes a day or two before I can just enjoy. While I am my body is still unwinding from the regular grind kinetic energy, I am organizing. It feels good to organize in a way that nothing else can touch. Accomplishment? Accessibility to things? The purging that comes along with de-cluttering and organizing? I'm not exactly sure what feels so good but it feels fabulous. The roots of this desire to organize can is observable in my favorite Bearingstain Bear's book, Messy Room, where I would pour over the pages of the bear's messy room versus the clean room. My attention to details in those days was fantastic and I loved the peg board that the brother and sister bear hung their toys & the boxes neatly labeled. Apparently I am not the only one who was inspired by this book in my early childhood. Anyhoo, off to prepare for my madre who is coming up to join me for some shopping at The Container Store. Huzzah!

No comments: