I look forward to crafting little paper ornaments every year. I love starting the paper cutting and assembling on Thanksgiving and then I am so happy to complete the final assemblage of the last ornament about a week later. There is usually a rumble and brief fall out with my cat Max who likes to jump into the mess of slightly organized chaos and make things difficult. I think Ben secretly listens in on me in those moments to see if I just might get angry enough to kick him out of the house. I never do.
There is some mild winter drama in Chicago with whirling snow and the sound of wind in bare trees. I am jealous of Minnesota and their multiple inches of snow. I embrace winter and can enjoy it for up to four months before I am ready for a change. I've been trying to capture the Christmas spirit with mild success. Ben and I will be forging new traditions this year as we will have Christmas Eve open to ourselves. I am giddy with the possibilities of how to spend Christmas Eve: Reba church Christmas pagaent where my niece Mayerelli is often a sheep? A quiet Christmas service in a good friend's home with Christmas carols? A "midnight" (aka 10 pm for Jenny) Christmas movie while cuddling and drinking hot chocolate with Ben? How do you spend your Christmas Eve and what gets you in the ultimate Christmas spirit?
No comments:
Post a Comment