Thursday, July 14

Hanging out at nursing homes

Conversations I've had this week.

Beautiful Thursday summer evening.
Me: Jin, do you want to go for a run on the lake tonight?
Jin: I can't. I'm going to a nursing home. Want to go with me?
Me: Why are you going to a nursing home?
Jin: They've remodeled. All we have to do is go see the remodel. They'll give us a good dinner. Let's go to the nursing home.
Me: I really have to say no to the nursing home on a Thursday night.
Jin: It's not just a nursing home. It's remodeled. It will be pretty. And you will be hanging out with me.
Me: I've really got to decline the nursing home tonight.

Just to clarify, Jin is a fabulous social worker and this is why she hangs out at nursing homes. :o) Ultimately we ended up making plans to go to the beach Saturday afternoon instead.

1 comment:

Elleau said...

I feel like you should have gone to the nursing home for some reason.