"I gaze into the doorway of temptation's angry flame
And every time I pass that way I always hear my name.
Then onward in my journey I come to understand
That every hair is numbered like every grain of sand." -Bob D
I would love to say that I recognize every single act of love that has occured within my life. That I am sensitive to every gesture and gives back to anyone who puts in. That actions were enough without the words; or words without the actions. That a thank you from my mouth projects aggressively- tapping you on the shoulder when you turn your back- just to make sure it is heard. A puddle of roses that could be forgotten for a flirtacious wink from behind the drums. It gets me every time. I am still paying my dues. And you, arriving at my doorstep, a seven hour carride at the drop of my hat. I cannot imagine any act of love more powerful. Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment