I have returned from Jenny's wedding & am mourning the loss of her last name. She is one of those people whose last name truly is a part of them. I will forge on, however, although I may never completely lose the "Lo" in Jenny. The wedding was quite beautiful and she couldn't have asked for a more gorgeous day. Ben & I got to sit with the other newly weds- Adam and Annie from three weeks ago. Adam and Annie giggled and laughed the entire time- as he dipped her on the dance floor, as he poured her more delicious sparkling apple cider, as they discussed Ben's sleak & savvy pink tie, etc. Their happiness and giddiness to be together was amazing. I wanted to catch some of it and place it in a little bottle that I would keep selfishly for myself.
Meanwhile at the head of the table Jenny playful punched Pierre in the arm. He had probably told her another joke to which she responded as a polite little sister responds. By the time the lights dimmed we were surrounded by little tigers and butterflies- each child's face orange & black or purple & pink. We growled and clawed our way to the bathroom in Wild Things fashion, Heather perhaps getting more into the role than any child can fathom. The last wedding of the year, I remarked as we separated. Maybe next time I will be better prepared, one flight closer, with a song picked out to play on the stereo for the long ride home.
No comments:
Post a Comment