Saturday, April 30
I complemented her on her sparkly fusia shoes and she smiled shyly, tucking her face in her father's gray curls. "They are her ruby red slippers," her mother explained to our class. "And every night at bathtime, you can't imagine the fun we have transitioning from bathtime to bedtime." I nudged Mamie and she smiled at me- I am right. Our neuroanatomy teacher IS a fun dad. Just last week I hypothesized that he is probably the BEST bedtime storyteller. Today his wife shares with us the Wizard of Oz tradition: every night his two and a half year old daughter is Dorothy and he is the tin man. She oils him before they can set off down the golden path to bedtime and everynight they successfully battle the evil monkeys that await in closets and under the bed. How fun to pretend so extensively before bedtime. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment