Monday, May 2

Partying

A liberal definition of "partying" has become the butt of all jokes for us grad students- especially as the semester seems to still be running at 100 mph. I am bracing myself for the high impact crash that will occur next Monday morning.
The worst thing is that we find our lose definition of "partying" incredibly hilarious. Partying (at this point of our twenty-something-ness) is essentially is the equivolent to anything not scientific, brain numbing, or numerically/ research based. Partying is going to Mamie's house to sew, having lunch with a friend and (gasp! enjoying oneself), exercising or taking a walk on a beautiful day, sleeping, or going to Sams club to buy Dentyne Ice in bulk so that I can take out all anxiety on a rubbery piece of something instead of my lip.
Yet as we were dining yesterday afternoon, Mamie refused the party of all parties. "I just can't party with Jesus tonight," she said, half exhausted and half flirtaciously (there is always a bit of fun flirtation in Mamie's voice-even if she is tired). Lilian & I shot each other a glance. No partying with Jesus??
Thursday, May 12th will be a beautiful day that has been choreographed weeks ago. It involves night clubs, IKEA, young adult fiction, antique stores, paint, dancing, and girls who have been a long time waiting for some "partying". Megan has joined me now and it is time to begin some neuroanatomy.

No comments: