Tuesday, June 21

I am finally back to working & it feels good to pay off some of the loans that have built up in the last few months. I am so fortunate to work with many of the same women/ kids that I worked with two school years ago. We watch for late buses in the shade of a large elm tree while telling jokes. At reccess we take turns going down the slide- the whole event orchestrated by our favorite four foot leader- and when we come indoors our hands are stained with dirt. We are sweaty & happy, watching trembling, wobbly legs make it back to the classroom safely. Jane is one of my new co-workers whose quirkiness & sarcassm fits right in with Melody and Katy. I love the amount of laughter we share in the morning. We have begun a word-craze for our own adult education and development. Every day we bring a new adjective or verb to class and we try to use it as much as possible in conversation. "Katy is not sanguine about the thirty minute traffic backup but at least she is not pugnacious." I am already watching this summer move so quickly. Meanwhile big decisions are to be made & I need to elevate my kid-energy-tolerance so that I am not exhausted by nine p.m.

No comments: