Back in the light of the blinking green curser, Sarah, Michelle, and I would saddle up to Mart's Apple II-like computer for an adventure game of Kings Quest IV. The adventures we endured with our heroine, a blonde bombshell named Rosella, were captivating for three second graders- treasures found in a whale's mouth, snooping around dwarf houses, swimming to Genesta's island without getting eaten by a shark, and my personal favorite [at the time] riding the Pegasus with the golden bridle. We must have died at least a thousand times.
Today I am thrilled if I can rope someone in to an evening of adventure computer games or civilization games. I guess there is a part of me that runs true computer dork. . . ummmmm, okay, I know this for sure. Ben and I have tried some newer adventure-like games but the advanced technology frustrates me, turning me green from motion sickness. This is why I am excited to report that Kings Quest has been restored and can be downloaded for free!! at AGDInteractive. I will be reveling in dorkiness for the next few days. Hurrah!
No comments:
Post a Comment