Friday, December 16

It has been an exceptionally snowy week and I feel powerful in my tall winter snow boots- as though I can step anywhere. I forget my gym-shoed friend cannot as she exclaims: "Oh sad, my socks are now wet." How empowering it must feel to drive a snow plow, literally moving hundreds of pounds of solid water. If I can barely handle the power of snow boots, I cannot imagine being behind the wheel of a snow plow. This week of finals has actually been quite lovely. Megan and I organized our studying schedule around small pockets of fun. We have gone to the theater, Target, and bowling with our classmates during the afternoons as "rewards". We are so loud in the bowling alley- crying out and shouting and so happy to be almost done. Then we retreat to quiet corners of libraries or our apartments to read & talk.

No comments: