Monday, January 23

I participated in a ferocious game of eye-spy this evening. Perhaps I was unaware or simply unprepared for the vision of a five and seven year old. I believed that the flickering brake lights ahead of our little crowded truck guided the spectrum of "I spy red". Or that the green mile markers constituted all the greens in our field of vision. My simpleton "I spy red" was easily identified and Mamie giggled from the passenger side. But my favorite I Spy was something neither Mamie nor I could identify.

"I spy a boy who lives in the sky," Unique shouted from the backseat. Mamie and I had only a few moments to exchange puzzled glanced.

"I know!" Te-te shouted without hesitation, as though she visited this boy in the sky every day. "It's God! Okay, I spy something red. . ."

Emily sent me this humbling NY Times article today: Struggling Back From War

No comments: