I had to cancel my two hour working stint Wednesday evening. I whirled around the house for a few moments, apologizing for my frazzled state of being and promising Judith that I would make up for lost work on Friday. "I don't think you would want to be around me tonight, anyway," I told her. "I'm so grumpy I can hardly stand myself." Judith laughed heartily and somehow it made me feel a little better. I promised her better spirits on Friday (Ben would be on his way for a visit from Chicago, after all).
On Friday the first thing Judith handed me was a J Peterman magazine. We often read J Peterman aloud to each other and marveled at the drawings, writing, and prices. Think Pink, it read. "I think you need to tape this on your wall until you feel better," she recommended.
"Science has determined that wearing this gorgeous pink skirt will have a beneficial effect on you and anyone lucky enough to be nearby. Really. Years of pink-testing by Dr Alex Schauss of Tacoma, WA, who gets paid to do such things, have proved that 15 minutes of exposure to pink calms anxiety and crankiness as effectively as a tranquilizer. ("It has no toxic side effects that we are aware of," he reports.) I'm not suprised. Pink is red without without the bared, sharp tooth-warm and sensuous, but unthreatening. . . Apply it wisely." -J Peterman, 2006
For the record, the pink hoodie has been out and on bummer duty. Thanks to pink, Judith, and a visit from Jamine, life is good. The graduate thesis. . .will not be considered for another 24 hours.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Viewed and highly recommended: House of Flying Daggers & Kung Fu Hustle
No comments:
Post a Comment