Monday, April 24


Spring in the apartment, 2006

"You know when I was young. . . well in high school and old enough to know better, my cousin and I used to get so bored out in the country during the summer. We would go out by the county roads and pretend we were dead on the side of the road. I think we would lie there for a long long time just waiting for someone to spot and rescue us. Funny enough, no one ever stopped to check if we really were dead or not. They just drove by. Looking back, maybe they just didn't see us." Cheryl paused, looked up, and reflected for a few moments. "I guess that's why you don't raise teenagers in the country- they either get drunk all the time or pretend to be dead on the side of the road. See you girls tomorrow in class."

No comments: