It seems like every blog I read today focused on the same theme: stress & busy-ness.
I'm afraid I cannot deviate from the masses. Today I experienced possibily the most efficient day in my life. It all began when general anxiety woke me up at 7 a.m. I have been functioning on survival mode ever since. Upon an overwhelming feeling of "I-can't-do-this" that circulated my brain at 9 a.m, I folded a blank sheet of paper into four columns. At the top of each column I placed a theme: Plan B (Master's thesis), Graduation (that Melissa & I are planning for Saturday), Life, & General School things. I scratched down every conceivable task that had to be done within these themes from finishing my thesis to doing laundry. I titled this piece of paper "My Life."
I was fortunate to spend some of "My Life" with Megan as she agreed to run a million errands with me. It is Megan, afterall, who reminds me to eat when I enter this mode of activity. A few times, in a flurry of activity, "My Life" fell to the ground to which I would exclaim: "Megan, can you help me get My Life off the floor!" Could that have been a symbolic metaphor? Possibily. But today's craziness has paid off.
My sixty-eight page darling, Understanding Family Interaction Patterns in Families with Alzheimer's Disease Using the Family FIRO Model: a Modified Analytic Induction Study, is complete. I am weary of celebrating too soon as my advisor is performing the final edit tomorrow. However, it is safe to say that I am certainly on my way to being a graduate. Hurrah!
No comments:
Post a Comment