Monday, June 26

I began my clinical this week at a level one trauma hospital. For those unfamiliar with my schooling, I completed two years of academic work and now work forty hours/ week as a student OT/R for the next three months. So early this morning I set out in the little red car I wish could fly. I was nervous and unsure about what obstacles would be found ahead. I armed myself with a mix tape Stefanie sent me early last fall to boost confidence & a Julia Alveraz novel to fall back on if I had to eat lunch alone. The day went well and my supervisor seems incredibly pleasant and savvy as a therapist. The hospital is a monster but I think by Thursday I should be able to mouse my way around the seven floors. I gasp when I see that in just two weeks, I will be carrying a few of my own patients. Oh, and by the way, I did not have to eat lunch alone.

The Dead by Billy Collins

No comments: