Thursday, July 6
As I slip away from the role of a student and into the eight hour working day, I find myself struggling to fit the pieces of my day into . . . well, my day. Lately I have been moving day to day on a superficial level finding little time to think and process everything around me. (Hence the low number of recent journalings.) A little over two weeks ago, Megan and I sat at the western edge of the United States and enjoyed our beach time thinking. Beach time thinking involves being so far away from your every day environment and problems that suddenly, things can be seen clearly and one can focus on what is important. Somehow, I decided, I need to bring beach time thinking closer to home. I can't afford to flee to an ocean or mountain everytime I need to gain perspective. Therefore, I decided to dedicate my almost daily run to beach time thinking- being left alone with my heavy breathing & loose thoughts. I find myself wondering how I will ever complete half the things I want to do in life: gardening large blooming flowers, learning how to play Patty Griffin songs on the guitar, moving to the Atlantic ocean with Ben, writing short stories, traveling to faraway & not so far away places, reading more books, visiting with friends, and so much more. How does a person fit life into . . . life?
No comments:
Post a Comment