Friday, July 3
Cravings of a girl without a kitchen
I have been craving a homemade grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup. I am dying to bake some brownies with extra chocolate chips and a rhubarb crisp. I super duper want to make my own cilantro crazed salsa and homemade pine nut ice cream but most of all, I want the simple pleasure of mixing a pitcher of pink lemonade to have when I spend an afternoon under the tree reading The Sun Also Rises. Bottom line: I am heart-achingly longing for a kitchen. Just to salt the wound, I have been recently grazing the food blogs and never before have I been so moved to cook & bake. Ben and I are choosing a floor to install this weekend with the desperate hope that next weekend installation will take place and thus, a kitchen will be reborn. I cannot imagine the excitement- it seems so far away. Until then I will nibble on Aldi brand Vanilla Wafers and dream.
1 comment:
At first I thought you were pregnant and having major cravings . . . but now I get it. Something that may help your mood: stop reading Hemingway! I can't wait for you to have your kitchen too!!!!
Post a Comment