Friday, January 28

You liked bad music- I should have known better

She told me "It's the explosive one: the relationship that is so tumultuous that the good is fantastic and the bad is horrific and there is nothing in between. It's the relationship that is an undertow pushing, pulling, and drowning you in all directions- making you terrified and invigorated all with the same minuscule fraction of the ocean. Those are the relationships that are the best and worst. And then worst. And then the can't believe that even happened worst.

"Because later, when you've miraculously survived after being drilled head first into the sand for the fifteenth time, you finally decide not to go back and play in that water. And the worst part is, you should have seen it the whole time. And it kills you that the only real nostalgia remaining is that you think of him with every crappy pop song that exists on Mix 101.9. And that isn't really you. You hate pop songs. And before him, you never even listened to the Mix."

2 comments:

Elleau said...

Uhm. I adore this post.

Pat said...

I don't get it...